The Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
(CEFR) divides plurilingual and pluricultural competence into three
- using pluricultural competences in interaction
- using plurilingualism for comprehension
- using plurilingual competences in multilingual interaction.
The table below describes in more detail the types of competences associated with each of these areas. The table is based on the Companion Volume of the CEFR.
Look at the table in pairs or small groups. You can also print the table below.
- Can you identify the skills described in the table above?
- Do you yourself take these into account in your daily life?